Wednesday, March 24, 2010

When the cat is away...

Ben went out of town this last weekend for a bachelor party which left Chelsea and I at home to rule the roost for several days since she was visiting for a school internship. We haven't had any good girl time in a while so you might imagine that in HOTlanta we would have painted the town red together, one of us married, the other engaged, without our men in tow :) And we did just that: jump starting our wild weekend with walking to the local pizza place coming home at 7:30, getting into our pajamas, eating low fat ice cream, and making "healthy" granola and writing a blog (see previous blog).


The sisters: Carissa, Chelsea, & Carly

But lest I should disappoint you with our weekend festivities: read about our Saturday. Bridal shop at 10:00 for Chelsea's final fitting (it was the most beautiful gown I have ever seen but no pictures...must be a surprise for the groom...p.s. if you are looking for a wedding dress in Atlanta check out Bridal Coture by Ruby V) then on to the mall to find bridesmaids dresses, shower gifts and general perusing. The shop's we perused in: Urban Outfitters (looking for ideas on how to make stuff ourselves), Banana Republic, J. Crew, Macy's, Crate and Barrel, Anthropologie (at this point I was looking for a band-aid because my knee was bleeding), Victoria's Secret, Ann Taylor Loft, Benetton, Williams Sonoma, and The Limited. We only purchased items in Crate and Barrel (which I am returning), Williams Sonoma, and the Limited where we found the bridesmaids dresses...SO pretty! While we were carefully making decisions about the dresses we got a bite to eat at the Chick-Fil-A: grilled chicken sandwich, fruit and coke zero X 2. Clearly, we are sisters.

Then onto home improvement and gift making: Homegoods (my new favorite store that I didn't buy anything at), Hancock Fabrics, Michaels, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby, Walmart (which I feel ambivalently about), World Market, Bed Bath and Beyond, and back to Walmart (which I was feeling less ambivalently about at this point), Target, another BB&B, and Lowes. We only purchased at Hobby Lobby, World Market, Walmart (twice-sort of guiltily), and Lowes. Then back to the apartment with Greek food to go. We then spent the evening crafting, making wedding gifts, trying on dresses and watching How to Lose a Guy in 10 days with occasional flips to March Madness Basketball (which, by the way, I am currently in 1st place with my bracket :)

The craziest thing I did all weekend was take out a credit card at The Limited to get a good discount on the dresses (which after googling ways to improve your credit I realized this actually was a little bit of a crazy idea after all). And I ended up spending less than $50 on everything I purchased.



Wish Chelsea were around for more whirlwind weekends in the ATL! Holla!

2 comments:

  1. just a thought... could you blog more often? I'm ready for an update on what's happening in our lives, but, of course, let me proof read it before you post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I need some ideas from you on all the wedding-related crafts! Sounds like such a fun weekend with sisters!!

    ReplyDelete