Sunday, August 22, 2010

And one more thing...

And one more thing I love about Benny...he sacrifices...whole heartedly. We have been lamenting all summer that we haven't grilled out as much as we would have liked. So Wednesday night Benny planned dinner and planned to grill. I knew that as he drove to our fabulous farmers market he would be salivating the whole way there thinking about the giant beef selection.

I arrived at home in the evening before he did. I open the fridge expecting to see a 20 ounce steak for Benny (probably a ribeye) and 6 ounce NY strip for me. However, there was no beef to be found--not even any MEAT. There was TOFU in the fridge. Yes, Benny, the man who LOVES a good steak and loves a good grilled steak even more had purchased and marinated and researched grilling tofu...all for me :)



And lest you scoff at the idea...it was delicious and even Benny really loved it! (And we both really loved the price)

He marinated the tofu in a little red wine vinegar, soy sauce, a dash of fish sauce, and honey. He served it with grilled corn on the cob and grilled Anaheim peppers with blue cheese crumbles. Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment