Monday, July 19, 2010

Eating like pigs...I mean cows



Okay...I know that was a really cheesy title...and maybe it's also way cheesy to post some material on something that happened over a year ago (back when I didn't even know what a blog was). But as much as my blog has lately been about espousing on all things serious I want it to be catalogue of memories for Benny and me. And this is one of my favorites.



We both really love chick-fil-a. Really love it. We had been traveling a LOT lately and inevitably on Sunday after we start driving home one of us (usually me with a really pout-y face) will lean over and say, "Oh no...do you know what I just remembered?" And the other one of us will knowingly nod our head say, "Yes, I know it's terrible...it's Sunday and chick-fil-a will be closed." We are instead going to have to eat pre-packed sandwiches or stop...I don't even like thinking about it...somewhere else.

Well, last summer the stars aligned and Benny and I were traveling on a Friday on chick-fil-a's dress like a cow and get a meal for free day. We were driving after Ben's work to my parent's place in Ponte Vedra, Florida--about a 6 hour trek. And Benny and I, dressed like cows, stopped at every chick-fil-a from Atlanta to PV.



Ben and I missed this year's opportunity for free chick-fil-a because we were in Europe but I hope next year we will be on the road again :)

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Especially the picture of all the food wrappings....I KNOW you didn't eat all that!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you guys did this. And that you got your costume's worth! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete